Thursday, May 8, 2008

Otters, cake, and dinner

No matter how cold hearted or irritated you are, this will make you smile (just ignore the kind of irritating people in the background):



Sorry for the rant earlier. I got to ceramics and the base for both of my glazes (Cornwall Stone) was almost gone. I needed about 10,000 grams for both of the glazes and there was only about 1,600. Since it wasn't my fault I don't have to worry about getting them done until the shipment comes in, which at absolute soonest will be next week.

I still have papers though. Which I should be working on.

I forgot until about eleven thirty that I was supposed to make cakes for Leadership and Ministry tomorrow, because we are having our love feast. So I started that about midnight. Hence I'm still up. It gives me time to do some work though. Doesn't give me too much time to sleep, which is a minor problem, but hey, you take what you can get. I can sleep next week. I really like the idea of having a week in between the last week of classes and finals. We don't have that here, but I'd whole-heartedly appreciate it if we did.

I look forward to posting the two cakes that I made. One is a mocha fudge cake- the base cake has coffee in it (1 1/4 cups!), then it's covered in mocha mousse. The other is a berries and lemon upside-down cake. A lemon cake with a mix of raspberries, black raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries baked into the bottom-top. That one is baking right now and it smells amazing. Hopefully it will taste accordingly.

Dinner today was also delightful. I roasted some butternut squash with a touch of brown sugar and raisins, encrusted bite-sized pieces of turkey with chopped pecans (which ended up being more like turkey with toasted pecans because I didn't feel like being careful stirring and knocked most of the "breading" off), and a cucumber salad topped with a drizzle of local buckwheat honey, basalmic, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper. It was great!

No comments: