Friday, January 18, 2008

Mini Pizza!

I made mini pizzas for dinner the other night and they were really really good. I had been craving pizza for a while, but hadn't had the time to make it (also I kept forgetting to buy tomatoes or sauce! Important!). I used the following recipe, originally posted with slight variations (I added a half tsp of xanthan gum because I didn't have the tsp of unflavored gelatin she had in the original recipe, also I used a mix of italian herbs in substitution of her tsp oregano) by a namesake Beth on her blog, "I Can Fly!"

As she said, the crust turns out delightfully chewy and crispy, though for the mini pizzas next time I might decrease the cooking temperature to 375, because they seemed a little underdone, but the bottoms were on the verge of being more than just toasted when I took them out.



2/3 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2-1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
a few shakes of italian herbs
2/3 cup warm water
1 tbsp yeast
small squirt of honey
1 tsp oil
1 tsp cider vinegar
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425.
Whisk together dry ingredients (except yeast).
Dissolve yeast in warm water, whisk in honey, oil, and vinegar.
Blend together and beat with mixer (using bread hooks) for three or four minutes.
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray (or pizza pan if you are doing full-sized).
Divide dough evenly into as many little pizzas as you want to make. (I made five 4-5" pizzas)
spray hands with cooking spray, pull or press out little blobs into disks, leaving edges a little higher for the crust.
Pre-bake for ten minutes.
Remove from oven, top with sauce and pepperoni, as well as any other toppings your little heart desires.
Return to oven for ten-fifteen minutes, or until edges are browned (more like 20-25 minutes for a full sized pizza).
Enjoy! (But let rest for a few minutes so that you don't burn your mouth!)

No comments: