Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So last night instead of doing work (or rather as lengthy break in between work, using the excuse that doing Cognitive Psych labs for more than a half hour would both kill my eyes and drive me crazy), I baked. My darling still has my camera, so pictures are to come soon.

First I made this bread, with a few variations in the flours (I didn't have any millet flour or flax seed meal, so I substituted with a little garbanzo bean flour, sorghum flour and a little quinoa). It turned out so soft and delicious, I very much look forward to munching on it this week. :) (Thanks to Natalie at Gluten Free Mommy.)

Then I made these really tasty ginger cookies They turned out a lot darker, I think because I used blackstrap They were a test run for trying to find a non-chocolate cookie to make for Stephanie's wedding. (Jacques' little sister is allergic to wheat too, so I'm making a platter of cookies that will be safe for us. I'm planning on making some of those chocolate almond cookies I posted before Valentine's day, along with some chocolate mint ones, and wanted one or two other cookies to go with.) (Thanks to Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked.)

Like I said, pictures will come soon.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

man, you are so bad at crossposting. luckily i do remember to read this...occasionally :p

Anonymous said...

Sorry Stephanie! I will try to move some over, and post on both again.
<3