Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Gluten-free, egg-free, milk-free Chocolate Spice Cookies
* 1/2 cup Sugar
* 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
* 1/4 cup Coconut oil, soft but not liquified (or butter)
* 2 Tbsp potato starch + 1-1/2 Tbsp liquid (or 1 egg, or other egg replacer)
* 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
* 1/3-1/2 cup Cocoa + 2 Tbsp water + 2 Tbsp oil
* 1/2 tsp. Salt
* 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
* 1 tsp. Cloves
* 1 tsp. Nutmeg
* 1-1/2 cup Gluten free flour blend
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream together the sugars and the coconut oil.
3. Beat in potato starch mixture and vanilla.
4. Beat in cocoa mixture.
5. Mix together the rest of the ingredients, mix into wet mixture. Batter will be sticky and glossy.
6. Form into balls and place 2-3 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet. If you want flatter cookies, you must squish them a little; with the exact recipe, they won't spread hardly at all. I didn't squish them so I had ball cookies.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on size. Check after ten minutes, remove from oven when start to brown on edges by pan.
8. After cool, top with frosting, melted chocolate, or this fudgey-dark chocolate "glaze" that I made:
9. For really dark chocolate glaze: In double boiler, dissolve 3 Tbsp sugar in enough oil to wet it, do not over-wet. add one square baker's chocolate, dissolve. You may have to stir over low heat for quite some time to melt the sugar completely. If it's not smooth enough, or looks too thick to spread, add a little rice milk, water, or coffee. I left the sugar partially granulated for a stunningly dark chocolate topping that got sweeter after a couple of chews.
Posted by elsepeth27 at 12:55 AM
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (5)
- August (5)
- July (6)
- June (2)
- May (7)
- April (9)
- March (5)
- February (9)
- January (6)
- December (1)
- So the power went out for a little over an hour ...
- I discovered a wonderful thing- Artificial Butter ...
- Gluten-free, egg-free, milk-free Chocolate Spice...
- Yesterday was not a good stomach day. I ate bland ...
- I made flatbread today, and it turned out amazing....
- I adore him, really. It's quite dim in my kitch...
- I'm going to go back through and add the recipes f...
- So I've been pretty gung-ho about this food allerg...
- I made another coffee cake yesterday. This time ...
- Lunch today was pretty, so I took a picture. I pan...
- I'm apparently turning into a food blogger, mostly...
- Mmm... Cadbury dark chocolate. I am not allergic...
- October (2)