I made flatbread today, and it turned out amazing. The best since I stopped being able to use eggs. :)
I made two pans, the first turned out a little crispy on the bottom, the second was nice and soft.
2 cups Indian rice flour
1 cup tapioca starch
4 Tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons xantham gum
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 c. water
2 Tablespoon yeast, dissolved in 1/3 c very warm water
2 teaspoon cider vinegar
4 Tablespoons EVOO
4 Tablespoons potato starch dissolved in a little cold water
2-3 Tablespoons sweet rice flour (for dusting pan/hands)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat 1-1/2 c. water until very warm, pour over rice flour, blend well, set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. Mix vinegar, dissolved potato starch, oil, and dissolved yeast into rice flour mixture.
4. Blend in the rest of the ingredients.
5. Dust cookie sheet with sweet rice flour. Place six or so dollops of the dough (will be very soft) apart on the pan. Sprinkle dough with a little more sweet rice flour, cover with plastic wrap and smooth the dough until flat (it is very sticky, so you can do this with just your fingers, but it takes much longer and is hard to make even).
6. Remove plastic wrap. Tap all over with fork for ventilation.
7. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Remove when golden around edges. Let cool in pan for a few minutes. When cool enough to touch, cut into pieces and store in air-tight container or zip-lock bag.
- ► 2008 (63)
- So the power went out for a little over an hour ...
- I discovered a wonderful thing- Artificial Butter ...
- Gluten-free, egg-free, milk-free Chocolate Spice...
- Yesterday was not a good stomach day. I ate bland ...
- I made flatbread today, and it turned out amazing....
- I adore him, really. It's quite dim in my kitch...
- I'm going to go back through and add the recipes f...
- So I've been pretty gung-ho about this food allerg...
- I made another coffee cake yesterday. This time ...
- Lunch today was pretty, so I took a picture. I pan...
- I'm apparently turning into a food blogger, mostly...
- Mmm... Cadbury dark chocolate. I am not allergic...
- ▼ November (12)